Meeting in Heraklion (Crete, Greece)
Date and venue
This one-day Workshop and Management Committee meeting will take place on 18 th July, 2022.
Main (‘Giorgos Lianis) Amphitheater of FORTH:
Foundation for Research and Technology-Hellas (FORTH) N.Plastira 100, Vassilika Vouton, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
The meeting dinner will be held at the restaurant Merastri (17 Chrysostomou 71306 Irakleio), (coordinates on Google Maps: 35.33293102934907, 25.136287140220265) at 8.30pm. The price of the dinner is 22 Euros per person that includes food, desert, water and wine. Any other refreshments such as beer or cold drinks are extra. You are advised you pay this amount at the registration desk before 12 in the morning.
How to get to the Meeting venue
- George Tsibidis (Local Organiser), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Antonio Rivera (TUMIEE Chair), email@example.com
- Eduardo Oliva (TUMIEE Scientific Representative), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dusanka Ljumovic (FORTH), email@example.com
Aims of the Meeting
It is intended to be a forum for detailed discussion on the three research lines identified within the Action, namely, biotechnological applications, intense laser applications and electron-phonon phenomenology and ways to tackle them by promoting collaborations among researchers from different fields.
Call for contributions
A call for contributions has been launched
Please send your abstract (download template here) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 22 May 2022. The abstract should not exceed one page (including title, author/s and affiliation/s).
A preliminary version of the programme can be downloaded here.
Since the budget is limited, the participation (eligible to be reimbursed) of Action members who can better contribute to this Meeting will be prioritised according to the criteria approved by the Action MC.
The Committee will enforce COST inclusiveness policies. Therefore, Young Researchers & Innovators, ITC, as well as women, to promote and improve gender balance, will be prioritized.
In addition, geographical distribution of participants will be considered to avoid underrepresented or overrepresented regions.
FORTH proposes a list of hotels. The prices in July vary between 60 and 90 Euros. As special prices apply for visitors of FORTH, we recommend you contact the hotel via e-mail (see below) and state that you plan to participate in a workshop organized by FORTH and therefore you request the special discount; mention also the COST Action TUMIE meeting.
Please, feel free to contact us in case of a problem. Some of these hotels request either a down payment for the first night by a direct deposit in their bank account or through a
secure webpage to pay by a credit card. Alternatively, you can try booking a room in these hotels through booking com (or similar). In the latter case, you understand that special
prices cannot be applied.
- Kastro Hotel (email: email@example.com)
- Atlantis Hotel (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Megaron Hotel (email: email@example.com)
- Ibis Styles (email: HA9P7-RE@accor.com and HA9P7-SL@accor.com)
- Galaxy Hotel (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Lato Hotel (Email: email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Atrion hotel (Email: email@example.com)
- Capsis Astoria (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Hotel Olympic (Email: email@example.com)
- mirabello-hotel.gr (E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Reimbursement of the travel expenses
Participants selected to be reimbursed for their travel expenses must receive an official invitation through e-COST indicating they are eligible to be reimbursed and they must accept that invitation within 2 weeks.
Reimbursements will follow COST rules:
- Long-distance transport expenses (more than 100 km one way): up to 500€ (*). Reimbursement based on invoice/receipt. Participants must choose the most economical means of transportation from their city of affiliation to Prague (round-trip).
(*) If a participant shows, within a reasonable time before travel date that there is no reasonable transport below the cap established, this cap could be waved for the individual participant.
- Daily Allowance (DA): 193 €/day. DA is intended to cover accommodation, meals and local transport expenses (defined as less or equal to 100 km one way). This is a flat rate and no invoice/receipt is required.
For complete information about COST reimbursement rules, please read pages 84-90 of the COST Annotated Rules.
COVID-19 in Heraklion (Crete, Greece)
Updated information on the pandemic situation can be found in this link https://eody.gov.gr/en/covid-
Other useful information
Find attached our brochure meeting and feel free to distribute it to potentially interested colleagues.